Next meeting: Monday, July 12, 2021
Our general meetings are the 2nd Monday each month at Centre Concord, 5298 Clayton Rd., Concord, CA 94521. Meeting hall opens at 6:30 p.m., meeting begins promptly at 7:00 p.m.
FACE-TO-FACE-TO-ROCKS! GET READY FOR A SWEET TIME!
50 DOOR PRIZES AVAILABLE AT JULY 12 MEETING! EVERYONE IS A WINNER!
CATCH UP WITH YOUR FRIENDS – This meeting will be less formal than many. It’s a time to catch up with one another, enjoy desserts, compare rocks, and open a dialog of what we want from our club as we come out of this long and often heart-tugging break.
So, we hope you will bring:
· Your love and curiosity about all things mineral and rock!
· One or two rocks you found on a trip, purchased online, and/or rediscovered clearing out your rock pile to discuss or identify.
· DESSERT! We’ll supply beverages, plates, etc. You bring a favorite dessert to share. We’ll have tables set up to make for easy eating and conversation.
· IDEAS What, if anything, should we be looking at adjusting or changing in the way we work? All this time off has given everyone time to decide what about the club is most important to you. Let’s talk about ways to make the club work the best it can for all our members!
· CRAFT CONTEST Bring the best of the cabochons, jewelry, faceting for the contest.
· UPDATE If you have new contact information, a new address, etc. This will be a good chance to make sure our records are up to date.
· MISC. I hope to have members available to help with those tasks like ordering nametags, paying dues (if you haven’t already done it), and hopefully even ordering club vests!
· MASK We don’t know if they will be required by Centre Concord for July 12. I know I’ll be wearing one even though I’ve had my vaccine. I hope you will, too. Of course, they’ll come off while we eat the yummy desserts!
CCMGS is now on Facebook!
Monthly Display Competition
Members are eligible to enter these competitions and win recognition. As long as there are two or more items entered in the area of competition, the winner is eligible to win a cash prize!
FACETERS: Create a new project and bring it in to share. We have a special display tray to show your work off at its beautiful best!
WEARABLE ART: Bring your original work, necklaces, earrings, rings, cuffs, etc. and hang them on our special display board for everyone to see, enjoy, and vote for!
CABBERS: We have three categories for you to compete in:
NOVICE: Any member who has not won the “Pro” designation in previous years.
PRO: Any member who has won the “Pro” designation in previous years.
SHAPE OF THE MONTH: Pros and Novices compete side-by-side to create the most eye-catching cabochon in the shape of the month.
The shapes are:
May: Pear (teardrop)
June: Rectangles & squares
September: Auction night – no competition
December: Holiday party – no competition